We currently have a wine tasting score board that gets updated on Fridays
My best friend of 16 years who keeps it real and sends me YouTube videos of really cute animals. She knows me better than anyone and doesn’t beat around the bush. Even if she is I can read her expressions well enough by now. It doesn’t matter what we do it’s always fun. Last Friday I said to her ‘When we hang out I feel like how a twin must feel after being reunited with the other’ She is my rock and I couldn’t imagine my life without her! It sounds cheesey but damn it we take too much for granted in this life.
My dads feelings toward this
It was with my sister. We simply do not get along.
One of my dads hilarious snapchats
It’s taken me a long time to get along really well with both of my parents. I think part of it is is that I’m an adult now and while they don’t agree with everything I do they still accept me as I am.
As I mentioned below it has taken me a long time to get myself to a stage where I have a good relationship with myself. Once upon a time things weren’t so rosy with my parents. I’ve always been a lot closer to my dad and mum always mentions how similar we are. When I was younger I used to hang out with dad all the time. On the other hand my mum and I are very different. I like to go out and adventure but she’s more content with staying in. We used to fight all the time and it was only after my parents split that we started getting along and I miss her heaps!
I look back on all the times where I told my parents I hated them and wished I didn’t have them and cringe! I hate it when I see kids acting all bratty and rude. Our parents put a roof over our head, clothe us, feed us and most of all love us unconditionally. Being responsible for another persons life and well being is a huge job and something we definitely take for granted.
There is always something terrifying going on in my brain because of my anxiety and ability to overthink everything. But here are my top:
- going swimming and getting attacked by a shark
- losing my loves ones
- my cats dying without me saying goodbye
- drifting apart from my best friend
- the thought of working a desk job for the rest of my life
- losing my apartment and all the things that come with the joy of a disposable income
- being late for work
- having my heart broken so bad that I’ll never want another relationship
- never owning my own home
- dying in my sleep
- spontaneous death of loved ones
Some of my kids from this year
I must say this year I’ve been truly proud of what I’ve become. Last year tested me a lot and now the dust has settled I’ve taken time to realise what I’ve become.
I’m proud of the relationship I’ve developed with myself. During my teen years I was full of self loathing. I’ve developed a love and understanding for myself I never thought I’d have.
I’m proud of the fact that I stick to my guns and trust my instinct. When something isn’t right I don’t let it keep going on. Whether it’s a job, a guy or friends – if it doesn’t work it’s over. Life is too short to put up with people’s rubbish!
I’m really proud of how I can develop a good rapport with people quickly. While being surrounded by people all day can be exhausting I still love it like no other. Ever since I was little I’ve been able to strike up a conversation with a stranger. It’s a comforting feeling knowing wherever you go you will make friends with someone.
I was feeling a little blue earlier this week so I went for 3 insanely long walks around the coast that cleared my head. Sometimes you just got to get out of your surroundings and explore which is something I think we all forget to do.
Little things: cheaper delicious produce, warm weather, Is that it? – Bob Geldof, pay day, looking at the past and realising how far I’ve come, Californication, lounge pants, ticking off my to do list, having the place to myself, looking forward to meals, my crazy friends, sticking to my guns, 1 week till I go on leave!!, the amazing summer bucket list my best friend and I made last weekend, Nigella Lawson staying classy despite all the havoc in the media (you go girlfriend!), and ditching boots for jandals!
If all fails there will always be cats
Dear 16 year old Anna
You’re at an age now where you want a boyfriend. Now, it will be a few years till you start dating but I want you to know a few things. If I could go back in time this is what I would want you to know.
1. I know you’re bummed that he doesn’t like you back but calm down coz there will be plenty more. That dumb saying ‘There’s plenty more fish in the sea’ rings true. Do not send him 500 Facebook messages telling him you miss him. It makes you look crazy and won’t change a thing.
2. Just coz he likes you lots and you like him lots doesn’t mean you should compromise all your free time to be with him. Your best friends boyfriend will tell you in a drunk heart to heart in a few years that when it’s right they will fit into your life easily.
3. Slow the frick down! I know you have one speed (like Charlie Sheen on crack) and like everything all at once but take it easy girlfriend. If it works it works if it doesn’t then refer back to number 1.
4. Being single isn’t a bad thing. I know society, media and older family have made us feel like dicks if we’re single but utilise this time to fall in love (or even more in love) with yourself. Learning to be happy alone is one of the greatest things.
5. Shave your legs and tidy your pubes regularly. Even if you are going on a self date. Just…..please do it.
6. Just coz he’s hot doesn’t mean he’s going to be a flawless.
7. Looks definitely aren’t everything. Go for someone who will make you laugh and has good thoughts. I promise you great things come from here.
8. Keep your legs shut for a while. If you like someone do not be afraid to hold out.
9. Trust your instincts above all else. Your friends will remind you of the evidence that he likes you in moments of doubt but you will know if he does. Trust you instincts! Everyone has their own experience etc but take any advice you get lightly.
10. Don’t be afraid to be gutsy or pull someone up on their bullshit. No one needs that!
11. Never date someone who is leaving. It will hurt your feelings a lot.
23 year old Anna