1. Never, ever be afraid to stand up to bullies. People like to put other people down to make up for their own insecurities. Apparently it makes them feel strong? I don’t know but it’s ridiculous. My old therapist and I had a grand chat about bullying and she really stressed that every time someone bullies you keep taking your complaint higher up until you’re heard. Don’t take anybodies shit. Ever. Pearls of wisdom I wish I had known at age 7.
2. Why are your nails chipped?! It takes five minutes to take off your nail polish!!!
3. Buy yourself new things often. It’s so nice to open your draws or look through your wardrobe and have something new to wear. I know that minimalism is the new black and having too many choices can make you unhappy but treat yourself! Or if you’re cutting back on your possessions get your hair or nails done. DO IT! If that doesn’t make you feel good then donate it.
4. Success is the best revenge.
4. When things get really bad I want you to acknowledge that things are bad but remember that it will get better. I have a video of myself walking near the beach on my iPod when I went to the Gold Coast last September with a big smile on my face because I was ridiculously happy and I wanted to remind myself in the future that no matter how bad things were in the past there will be things in the future that will more than make up for it! Excuse my lack of punctuation. Read that sentence like a rap song.
5. You should always look out for number one but there comes a time when that saying can be selfish. As your number one you should always know what the fuck is up in your life.
6. Stop spending so much time on Facebook!!
7. Never under estimate a good walk when you’re in a bad mood. Sometimes getting out of bed or off the couch and going for a wander is the best way to clear your head. Steve Jobs used to get people to walk with him when he was having a meeting with them. Get some fresh air in your lungs and let it all out.
8. Next time you want to text or message someone and you’re unsure about it then write it and leave it on your phone for an hour. If you’re still unsure leave it until you’re 100% sure you want to send it.
9. Just because your clothes rack broke doesn’t mean you shouldn’t stop shopping.
10. ‘Don’t ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.’ – The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Image found on pinterest via the glitter guide