Forgive me Weightloss God, for I have sinned. It’s been two weeks since my last confession (see above) I know but I need to get this off of my chest. I know in my last post I said I had been doing terribly but I got back on the bandwagon and was doing okay.
My uncle passed away pretty suddenly two Friday’s ago from a heart attack then I literally went back to my old ways. You best believe I had a cheese and ham croissant, pigged out on mini savouries at the wake and followed it with beer and chips from KFC. Today I had a really good think about it on the way home though. I made myself a promise that I’ll always allow myself a beer or 5 so that’s been honoured. Here is what I’m doing right and what I need to change:
1. I need to eat breakfast. I get up early to walk to work and I usually get up and just go. My clothes are ready and I get dressed while I’m on the loo. I’m not usually a breakfast person but I am so bloody hungry by the time I start work. I also need to eat more. I skip breakfast, have lunch and maybe something for afternoon tea then dinner.
2. I have been walking to work everyday! Do I like waking up at 6am? Hell naw. But I’m in much better spirits when I get there. Plus the weather has got better recently so I can deal with it being cold. I’m looking forward to getting back into the gym again in a few weeks!
3. I’m completely unprepared when it comes to food. This week JP took me out for dinner twice (I’m so fucking spoiled) but instead of eating well and having healthy snacks on hand and eating well during the day I’m just eating crap all the damn time. I’m all about treats (read: beer) but it’s this kind of silly behaviour that got me into this rut. Love makes you fat. You were warned. In saying that though, JP has been seeing his PT for about 2 months now and the results are coming through and his progress is super motivating for me. I just wish my arms and legs toned up as fast as his haha!
4. I forgive myself for my mistakes. I’m not going to lie but changing your habits and going from a 70:30 eating plan to a 90:10 is struggle street but I’ve been good before so I know I can do it again. It’s a lot of tweaking here and there and it’s listening to your body. The worst thing is giving up altogether. I will not admit my defeat!
5. I’m not eating enough during the day. Even when I log my calories and they’re over I know that if I made some simple food swaps it really would help my progress. Having My Fitness Pal really helps me see the good and the bad. I would like to switch it up and do 5-6 mini meals rather than two.
6. I do the cooking at our place which I love. I started weighing things properly when I cooked a couple of nights ago so I could see where the good was coming from and the not so good. Investing in scales made such a difference. It can be time consuming if you’re making something with a lot of ingredients but it definitely makes it easier.
With that being said. I’m going to set myself some goals. I’m planning on having a perfect week in the last week of September or first week of October. That’s the plan anyway. I know going straight into it would just make me a bit nuts (I’m fully aware of making my changes gradual) so I’m going to start preparing my meals and logging them better. I’m also, starting next week, going to take measurements and photos every week or two. I’m not ashamed of my body coz shit she’s been through a fair bit but it’s out of sheer love for myself that I’m doing this. Oh, and a little bit for the badass clothes I have waiting for me from four years ago (yes I’ve kept some things and no I don’t think it’s a bad idea)
Until next week….!