2013 has been my favourite year thus far. I did a lot of life gardening this year which leaves me with a lovely clean slate for 2014!
Here’s what I did:
– I stopped binge drinking on the regular. Last year ended on a crappy note so the beginning of the year was tough. Mix that with the party crowd and destruction will follow. I will not go into specifics but I was pretty close to ruining everything.
– I stopped being friends with poisonous people. Girls can be mean and well, if you say you are my friend and you bitch about me behind my back then auf wiedersen, pet! I am very happy with the lovely people I have in my life.
– I worked out a lot. The gym took over drinking and after a tough day at work nothing made me happier than an hour of interval training with a sick play list.
– I stopped dwelling on all of the things I couldn’t change. Sure they piss me off but if you can’t change something then you have to be the bigger person and move on.
– I put myself first more which is tough but sometimes you gotta do it!
– I got my braces off! After 8 years me and my train tracks parted ways (derailed?) and I was looking 18 instead of 16. A vast improvement considering I’m 23!
And for my goal progression….
I quickly learnt that if you work all day then smash out 2 hours at the gym you are most likely not going to have the energy to read. In saying that, I did get through 30 odd books. I even got to reread Harry Potter! The gym became my saving grace in the end because after struggling with depression for a long time I was pretty nervous. I came up with a wellness plan I could achieve and that would fit in with my life. I knew I would have to make time to smash out a decent work out, write about things when I’m feeling low and get some perspective, challenge my thoughts, eat better and not drink so much. I’ve been doing just that and after 2-3 years on citalopram I can happily say I am down to taking it once every 3 days. Woohoo! One thing that I am okay with not doing is quitting smoking. When you make changes like going off medication it’s better to keep your vices. As for saving for international travel…..2014 coz I want to get out in 2015!
Albums I loved: Katy Perry – Prism, Tyler, the creator – Wolf, Bangerz – Miley Cyrus, Drake – Nothing was the same, Earl Sweatshirt – Doris, + – Ed Sheeran, Battle Studies – John Mayer, Blue – Joni Mitchell, Nas – Hip hop is dead, In my mind – Pharrell, Odd Future – Vol 2, Sail out – Jhéne Aiko, and most of all Red – Taylor Swift
Best moments: seeing Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran live, any night Michelle and I stayed up all night eating pizza and watching t.v, Aimee moving into town, New Years, meeting 398 new people at work + learning nearly all of their names + turning them into my little brothers and sisters, the long chats with my flat mates about sex and relationships, exploiting happy hour with D.R, getting off medication, Piri coming back and working around the corner from my apartment, any night Aimee and I got on the raz, getting over dudes and my dad slapping my sister in the face with a piece of salami when he slapped my sister in the face with a piece of salami.
– Meeting Richard
Thank you, 2013! You were a blast and I’m excited to see what the New Year will bring!